Friday, November 20, 2015

Shidduch Prayers of the Chidah and the Shelah Hakadosh and R'Dolinsky. Tehilim 121 Esa Einai El HeHarim Meayin Yavo EZRI...

bs"d

Thank you Tiferes Perluss for sending ....

B'H 

HI! Good Erev Shabbos.  

Below are the Shiduch prayers of the Chidah and Shelah Hakadosh as well as a short on by R' Dolinsky.  I was so excited to find these.  They aren't a required part of this tehilim group but I believe that it would be a very good idea to say one of them each Shabbos before or after your tehilim if you can to set the kavana about what you're davening for.  They are also great for reading at a friend's chuppah or anytime! I put the one from R'Dolinsky, someone in our generation, to make the piont that the prayer that you compose yourself and that comes from your own words and heart is the one Hashem wants to hear the most because you mean it.  The Shelah and Chidah were great Tzadikim and kabbalists and saying thier words connects you to them and the intentions they had behind the words.  They can also be a springboard for you to develop ideas for how to speak to Hashem in your own language.  Also R'Dolinsk's prayer is short for those who need that ;)  It was composed with the intention to be inserted at the end of Shemoneh Esrei, just after the blessing for peach and before "may they find favor..." ("yiheyu l'ratzon") which is a time that one is encouraged to use thier own words in a personal prayer.

The prayer of the Shelah also has a men's version which, for hopefully obvious reasons, was omitted from this email.  For those who know someone  who's interested in that prayer they can check it out http://www.shidduchim.info/torah.html

It's a zechus to have the words of these holy Tzadikim the Chidah and Shelah to use to pray for our soulmate but do you know who else's Shiduchim prayer we still have till today? Surprise! YAAKOV AVINNU's! and it's in this week's parasha Vayetzei when he davens for a wife.  It's actually one of the Special tehilim's that we are going to be saying iyh on every non Shabbos Mevarchim Shabbos.  It's CHAPTER 121.  "Shir lamalot esa aynay el heharim mayayin yavo ezri....."  "A song of ascent I lift my eyes to the mountains from where does my help come?" The word "ezri" which is normally translated as "help" can also signify his "ezer kenegdo" His help-mate/soulmate.  May we all merit, in the right time, to have the clarity that Yaakov had when he met Rachel without any doubts but with joy. (and may it be mutual of course ;)



______________________

This prayer was composed by Rabbi Mordechi Dolinsky

The following prayer can be inserted at the end of the Shemoneh Esrei, just after the blessing for Peace, and before "May they find favor..." ("Yiheyu l'ratzon"):


Rabbi Dolinksy's Short Prayer for a Shidduch [Click the hyperlink for a text version]Shlah's Prayer for a Man's Shidduch (Hebrew)

Translation of the Prayer composed by the Holy Shelah

May it be Your will Hashem, my God and God of my forefathers, that You find for me with your many mercies and the greatness of Your kindness, my true and befitting marriage partner at the right time. The right partner, worthy of having children, a learned man, great in Torah and the fear of Heaven, born from the seed of righteous and truthful men who have fear of sin. Just like You found the true partner for Adam Ha-Rishon, for Avraham, Yitzchak, Yaakov and Moshe, each one his true partner at the right moment and time. And please let the partner that You choose for me be a good man, one with pleasantness of action, a master of good deeds, a man of grace with intelligence and fear of God, a pursuer of charity and a doer of kindnesses. May he not have even a little insufficiency, or physical defect, or imperfection, and not be an angry or aggressive man. May he just be modest with a humble spirit, healthy, and strong. And please don't allow any interference from ruthless individuals or enemies whose intentions and manipulations would aspire to prevent me from meeting my marriage partner.

May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart find favor before You, Hashem, my Rock and my Redeemer. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This prayer of the Shelah was composed for men.  The English version below has been modified but the hebrew you'll need to do yourself.

Shlah's Prayer for a Woman's Shidduch (Hebrew)


The following prayer was composed by the Chida, in his book, Kaf Achas (One Spoon)  (sem-modified for woman)

Master of the universe, with Your kindness You formed the world and created man, and made for him a counterpart, and commanded him to take a wife and bring forth children. And Your servants, the Rabbis of blessed memory, were stringent not to delay this mitzvah since a man's life in both this world and the next world practically relies on women, and due to our many transgressions, there are no longer prophets or men with divine inspiration to enlighten each of us as to who our is our best partner to fulfill this mitzvah. And so I come to You with a broken heart to lay down my prayers before You, Hashem, my God and the God of my forefathers, that You should increase Your mercy on me and bring for me a pleasant partner, one with fear of God, a woman (man) with good character, and good mazal, good intellect successful, and blessed, and with this I will be able to do Your holy service without being burdened. And let it be that the girl (boy)suggested to me will be befitting, that she (he) really is compatible with me. Your great mercy should come to me, to bend my heart to make the commitment to her (him) so that I shall be able to fulfill Your will and it will be good for me in this world and the next world.

Oh God, Who is good and filled with mercy, the One who is merciful, forgiving, Who guards, my supporter, and my rescuer. The One Who is honest, my redeemer. Please help me with this, for the honor of Your name. Act for the sake of Your Name. Act for the sake of Your right hand. Act for the sake of Your Torah. Act for the sake of Your Holiness. Forgive me, answer me, and hear my prayers to You. For You are the One who hears the prayers from all mouths. The source of all blessings is He Who hears all prayers. May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart find favor before You, Hashem, my Rock and my Redeemer.


--
Sincerely,

Robin Ticker

Israel Advocacy Calendar (www.IsraelAdvocacyCalendar.com).
Activist emails sent to my list  are L'Ilui Nishmat Yisrael ben David Aryeh ob"m (Izzy - Kaplan) and Howard Chaim Grief great activists and lovers of Eretz Yisroel, Am Yisroel and the Torah. Yehi Zichronum Baruch.  May their memories serve as a blessing. 

Most of these emails are posted on Shemittahrediscovered.blogspot.com 

Personal emails to individuals will not be posted to my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment